Sunday, January 10, 2010

Foods & Acne / Water & Acne

I find everytime I eat certain foods I always breakout.
For me the foods are...

Tomatoes or Tomato soup (and I love tomato soup :-( )
Crisps

I'm planning on getting an allergie test done soon (once the snow and ice goes)
Everyone should prbably get one of these done.

I think everyone now knows that it is essential to drink a lot of water.
But the other day I stumbled across an old programme that had a leading dermatologist that looks after a lot of Hollywood stars( I will try & find his name later) and basically he stated that it is best to eat your water because when we drink water our vital organs take what they need then the rest well goes down the toilet.
While when we eat foods with a high water content we absorb the water and nutrients. 

Oh by the way I am not a doctor or  a beautician so it is best to go to the doctor before changing any part of your diet and it is important to drink water & eat it.

2 comments:

  1. hi, just happened on your blog. I am always trying to find clear skin--have you read The Acne Prescription by Nicholas Perricone? I just finished it--and I've been using his vitamins and supplements. IT's a lot of work--and hard to be perfect. I wonder what you'd think of his stuff. Keep it up--your blog is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Shaunell, thanks for the lovely comment!!I just looked the book up and read about it and I also read some reviews. From what I could see it kind of told you the same thing that everyone else tells you about diet and fitness.The yoga part helps you relieve stress and stress causes breakouts so I get how that would help but I think that is well known anyway? and also the fish thing. I think everyone knows that oily fish is really good for your skin. But I only saw a small piece of the book! How did you find it? are the recipes nice? I think the book generally promoted a healthy lifestyle and thats always a good thing. I am not an expert so thats only my opinion!Oh thanks for my first comment!! :-) Have a good day!!

    ReplyDelete